I was nominated by bookpeeps for the Seven Things About Me Award. (Thank you BookPeeps!) please be sure to check out her blog. Because I enjoy her blog as well as spreading the news about other terrific bloggers. I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Seven Things About Me Award as follows:
Do you enjoy reading blogs by people who are brilliant writers (to which I am not)? If so, then check out these fantastic bloggers:
- BookPeeps http://bookpeeps.org
- The Frailest Thing http://thefrailestthing.com (bookpeeps, I think you will especially enjoy the writing)
Do you enjoy a good laugh, snark and sarcasm by an amazingly creative and talented decorator/DIY-er? Well then please check out:
- Manhattan-nest http://manhattan-nest.com/
He hasn’t blogged in a long time but my aspiring writer friend Kenny (a.k.a Wheeza) has a blog:
- Stupes-Insips-Rants http://stupesinsipsrants.wordpress.com/
(I’m hoping sending traffic to his blog will inspire him to write again.)
Although, she has taken a break from blogging, I find myself turning to this spectacular woman when I need inspiration or advice on all things vegan and/or green living. Allow me to introduce you to:
- Bonzai Aphrodite http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/
Because Somer “liked” my recipe for Vegan Polenta Seitan Casserole, I am now following her collaborative informative blog called:
- Good Clean Food http://goodcleanfood.wordpress.com/
And lastly, allow me to introduce you to the woman who was not only the inspiration for my blog, but is also a writer, (published a fantastic book entitled: In spite of Everything: A Memoir, by Susan Gregory Thomas Random House July 2011).
- Broke-Ass Grouch http://brokeassgrouch.wordpress.com/
And now for the Seven Things About Me:
1.) For the past two years I have been a vegan (former vegetarian).
2.) I am an animal rights volunteer/activist (and the property of five fury felines).
3.) Seven years ago, I made a promise and commitment to myself to get back into ballet and I have been faithfully attending classes ever since.
4.) I believe in a power greater than myself.
5.) I learned to forgive and to not respond or react to hateful people.
6.) December 2004 I quit my corporate job to attend culinary school with a focus on pastry arts.
7.) I like to pursue things that interest me. You only get to go around this ride called life once, so you might as well get the most out of it.
In closing, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- Choose other blogs that you think deserve the award, and post a comment on their blog to let them know they have been nominated.
Thanks you again, BookPeeps! 🙂