Last week, this lovely lady at Post Grad Problems nominated me for the Leibster Award. Say what? Yep, that’s right Leeb-stir Award. Due to the fact I am a blog noob and an old dog, I hadn’t a clue as to what this is, nor do I have any idea as to how to tell how many followers a blogger has. Evidently, a blogger must have under 200 followers in order to meet the criteria of a nomination. Under 200 followers? Yep, that sounds about right. I think I have about 20 followers, if that… maybe 5 and I’m just hoping for 20. 😐
If I may nick what Post Grad Problems wrote, here is the gist of the Liebster Award, in her eloquent, young words:
“Liebster (pronounce: leeb – stir) means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The rules for accepting are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people you think deserves the Liebster award and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.”
So in accordance with the Liebster Rules, I am supposed to answer Post Grad’s Questions as well as post new questions for my nominees. However, seeing as I am at work, I am going to use Post Grad’s questions rather than take the time to come up with my own. Sorry Post Grad.
1. Which art form offers you the truest expression for yourself? Pencil/charcoal. I’m an art school drop out but when I used to draw/sketch, I preferred only two mediums: pencil or charcoal.
2. In that art form, what is your most honest piece of expression? Back in high school, which was the 1980s, that’s right I said EIGHTIES! I had done some YSL fashion illustrations — to this day, I still have them and had I followed through with art school, fashion illustration would have been my career objective.
3. What always makes you laugh?
My cats, Azz and Eddie Izzard — the absolutely funnies fucking comedian on the planet.
4. What always makes you cry?
Egregious animal abuse — all animals, including farm animals.
5. What is one thing that you can’t do that you’d love to be able to do?
Oh boy, I am only allowed to name one? Yesh! Let’s see… ok, well for the sake of snark, how about pee standing up like a man. Sorry, this is the best I could come up with.
6-7. What is your favorite book? Why does it affect you so?
Only one? Again: Yeesh! Hmmmmm, ok, well the one book that had the greatest impact on me was: The Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer — it enabled me to do the work I needed to move forward and be a better person.
8-9. What is your favorite movie or play? Why does it affect you so?
Favorite movie: Rear Window — I can and do watch this movie over and over and over…
10. If you were given the opportunity to spend one more day with a friend or family member who has passed away, what would you do?
My Nonna, on my mother’s side. I would spend the entire day cooking and baking.
11. If you had won the $580 million Power Ball jackpot last night, what would you be doing today?
Ooooh good question because I know exactly what I would do:
- Call my financial planner
- Pay off the mortgage on my house and condo
- Give a million or two to: my dad, mother, brother and Azz
- Give a some to the Farm Sanctuary and my local animal chapters
- Go back to college and finish my art degree
- Open a vintage shop
- Make sure I invest wisely so as to not lose it all in five years, which I read (thanks Scott) is what often happens
My nominations are….
…um… I’m drawing a blank. I have to be honest, because I haven’t a clue as to how to go about figuring out how many followers a blogger has, and based on their popularity, I’m going to fetch a guess that all of the blogs I nominate, have blogs that exceed the <200 follower requirements — oh well, what can I say except: shoot me!
To that end, I nominate:
BookPeeps (my first follower)
Congratulations all, please don’t kill me for nominating you…