I am honored to say that Girl for Animal Liberation was nominated by News for Animal Welfare for the Liebster Award (Thank you NFAW!). 🙂
Now, to be honest, I’m probably not going to nominate anyone because I am almost 100% certain (even without fact checking) that every blogger I follow doesn’t qualify for the Liebster because they have mucho followers and have already received this award. Unless, hey, you want me to then I’ll nominate you. Just say the word. 🙂
Liebster Award RULES:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
- Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated.
11 Random facts about Girl for Animal Liberation (a.k.a GiRRL_Earth)
- The older I get (I’m currently 46) the more Goddamn snarky and cynical I become. But what do you expect? I wasn’t born this way, mkay?
- I think people who harm animals should be executed – no talking your way out of it.
- I love-LOVE living alone with my six cats.
- I prefer animals to people.
- I don’t mind finding cat hair in my food, but Lord help the restaurant if I should find human hair in something I’m eating!!!!
- Being a vegan is as natural to me as breathing.
- I’m addicted to Breaking Bad (no pun!)
- I lost 11 lbs just by giving up oil in my diet (and yes that includes: Olive Oil!).
- My favorite movie is Alfred Hitchcock’s Rear Window.
- When I go to bed, I like to spoon with my 22 lb Seal Pointe Siamese cat named Seti
- I think people who lie and deceive should be drawn and quartered! And I’m not talking about the kind of lies like, “Does this dress make me look fat?” and you lie and say, “No.” I’m talking big-time lies like who you are. What you’re doing. Where you grew up. Etc… lies that are so egregious, they are unforgivable and text book pathological. As in Pathological Narcissistic.
- BONUS: I wish the world would come to an end so I can start smoking again.
Questions from NFAW:
- What is your favourite childhood memory? I don’t have one. I’m trying to block those years out.
- What is your inspiration behind your blog? The inspiration came after a health crises — two major fucking surgeries in one year I decided it’s time to rid my body and home of anything unnatural. Initially I started blogging about living green until I realized I needed to be the voice of the voiceless.
- If you had 1 million dollars what would you do with it? Pay off my mortgage, buy a small house for my mom and invest the rest and then donate some of the return to various animal welfare organizations.
- What is the one piece of advice you would, or have given your children? I don’t have children. My advice? DON’T HAVE CHILDREN.
- What is your favourite book? I don’t have a favorite. I have read and loved countless books over the years (and no, the Bible is not one of them).
- If you had one wish what would it be? For a pandemic that wipes out all of mankind but spares the animals.
- Where is your favourite place? My home – I am a complete and utter unabashed homebody.
- What is something amazing you have seen on a blog? Too many to list. I have been inspired, saddened, encouraged, as well as had some serious belly aching laughs over some of the blogs I follow. 🙂
- What do you hope to achieve by writing your blog? To open people’s eyes and make them aware of the egregious acts taking place towards animals and to show them they have other choices.
- If you had the opportunity to go into space, would you? HELL NO!
- What is your favourite song on your iPod right now? You mean my iPhone? A meditation my life coach made for me. I use it twice daily in conjunction with my Mindfulness App.